Monday, June 11, 2007

"...nothing but Ex-lax and water 'til prom!"

I have struggled with weight loss my whole life. I grew up on a farm so it's not like I sat around all day. Rode my bike every chance I had. Played sports. Yet I was always a little heavier than I liked. Since high school, and I am sure others can relate, I have put on serious weight and now I am at a plateau of sorts...I can't lose it but I have hovered at the same 10 pounds for the last two years. I spent the whole weekend out running around, working with mom and dad, planting the garden, entertaining visiting family...didn't drop and ounce! Absolutely maddening!

After the party I am hosting this week for my cousins bridal shower...I am going to become anorexic! Not really, I like food to much to not eat!, but I have given myself a deadline to get back on track! I hate diets...but something has to work...I already drink diet soda, thanks to Ben, I eat salads twice a day...and I have never used tons of dressing...I exercise, but this is where I think I need to step it up.

And you know my biggest inspiration is that I am tired of not being able to find cute cloths that don't make you look pregnant or that are just plain ill fitting! I loathe the fashion industry and their lack of caring about how big girls look! We want cute things too! I don't approve of the cap sleeve....I hate that they think that every one who wears plus sizes is 4 ft tall and weighs 400 pounds...I don't get wild patterns that just draw attention...and I don't know WHY they insist on making tube tops and halters with "built in support" (my butt) for plus sizes, because it just encourages people to go out in public looking like trash!

So wish me luck...I have tried it all...but I will try again!! I shall prevail!!!

No comments: