Monday, June 4, 2007

I made it!!! And so did she!

Happy Monday all!

I am happy to report that the weekend went well. Nothing I wasn't expecting. We, of course, left late on Friday and of course there was construction...but neither was that bad. Let me give you the rundown...

Friday...8:15am...We had talked and decided to leave 8-8:30am...I arrived at her house, she was not ready to go...not finished packing...not dressed...hair not done... She had done a load of laundry that morning and the drain hose fell out of the tub and got water on her basement floor. Mind you most people would have just mopped up best they could and turned on a fan to finish the job and move on...no. We had to mop up 98% of the water...because she just knew that if she left it OVERNIGHT she would end up with mildew! So we got on the road at 9:30...

12:00(noonish) we arrived at our destination. Spent 20minutes in the parking lot while she checked her makeup and hair...and got her bag of stuff to take in...then we go in and use the restrooms...another hair check...and we are off to the rides. We went on like 7 or 8 rides...except I can't go on the high ones...she won't go on the spinney ones so we were limited...After 6.5 hours at the park she was ready to leave...so we headed back to the hotel to get cleaned up and head out to dinner. Got to the hotel at 6:30pm...left for dinner at 8pm!!

Saturday...7:30am we wake up and start getting stuff around I decide that I am going to let her shower first because she takes longer to get ready!?!??!! So 8am she showers...10am we leave the hotel to find a bagel...because that's all she needs...can you say all we have had to eat on this trip thus far are carbs...then head off to the Zoo.

Again...noonish...we arrive at the Zoo...after a hair check we are off and moving. The Zoo is much different than I remember...considering I haven't been in 20 years...Some of the exhibits were closed because mama's had just had babies...some were under construction...some we didn't go into because you had to pay an extra fee!! So we were on the express tour anyway. Stopped at a cafe and had a snack then decided we were at the end of our tour and headed for home...

I am not sure if it's because I am married and not constantly worried about what people may think of me???? Or if I have always been a low maintenance person???? (outwardly speaking) Or if I just think that it's plain ridiculous to spend two hours doing your hair and makeup to go to Cedar Point or the Zoo to walk around and get all hot and sweaty?!?!?!

Anyway...we made it home without incident. I got cleaned up...tossed laundry in the basement and spent the evening on the couch with the boys (my cats) because by the time we got home it had started to rain so there was no point in going out to check on my plants or do anything in the yard. Sunday we had an last minute birthday party for my sister, I say last minute because we had scheduled said birthday cake festivities for next weekend but we had to change them at the last minute thanks to some people and their lack of caring for anyone but themselves. ANYWAY!! Then I cleaned up a little around the house.

All in all a good weekend...weather was good until we got home and that's all that counts...if I get any good photos back I may try my hand at posting them :)...we'll see!

1 comment:

Matt said...

The number of "hair checks" is hilarious.

It's extra funny because when I went to bed last night, I went into the bathroom to brush my teeth and realized I had dried my hair from my shower that morning and never combed it! I had been all over town yesterday with crazy hair. Obviously, I hadn't checked it all day...let alone several times!

Of course, I'm a guy...and married... Who cares, right?