Thursday, May 31, 2007

Thursday Therapy Session

Today is Thursday...my Friday here at work...and I am so glad that I don't have to come in here tomorrow. The only thing I am not looking forward to is the trip this weekend. Actually I am...I have not been to Cedar Point since the year I got married, so it will be fun...but Lord help me!!

Now I should explain...I am going to be spending the next three days in a car, at various intervals, with my friend...who I love dearly...who is a bit shall we say, unaware of her own quirks. For example, she has a friend out of state who she will go visit for a weekend then come back and complain for a week about how they are always late for this and that, dinner reservations, church, trains...etc. Yet she remains blissfully unaware that when you say I'll pick you up at 6 so we can make our 6:30 reservations that you arrive at 5:55 to pick her up and she is still getting dressed, or she has to dry her hair, finish putting on makeup, or she got a phone call and instead of saying I am late for whatever she talks to them for 20 minutes and then makes you, the person she had plans with who has been patiently waiting for her, late. It takes her 5 minutes to put on chap stick and she has to do her hair to go to the gym. She can tell you everything about all of her friends and family that makes her crazy...yet has no idea that she is guilty of the same.

Now...I have NEVER claimed to be perfect, infallible, quirkless (yeah it's not a word...get over it)...but it makes me crazy to travel with her. Why then, you ask, do I put myself through this? Because she likes to go places and so do I and we don't always have anyone else to go with. So I suck it up and bite my tongue when she isn't driving the speed limit because she is trying to check her eyeliner in the mirror, while she takes 15 minutes to primp, even though we JUST left her house, before we can get out of the car at a restaurant, when we are out and about and haven't eaten for 10 hours and she just wants to grab an ice cream because she isn't that hungry...but can't understand why she just can't lose weight, and when she has to talk on the phone, while she is at dinner with me, to the same stupid men that don't want anything from her but a one nighter every now and again and then can't understand why she doesn't have a boyfriend!!?!??!

Again...I think that she is a good person, who would bend over backwards to help anyone that needed it, but if you live in the Ohio area or are planning a trip that way this weekend and see a cute red head walking on the side of the highway stop and give her a lift because I threw her out of the car and went home!!

Hope you all have a great weekend!!!

No comments: