Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Weekend Update

So...all in all my weekend went fairly smoothly.

Thursday I spent the morning cleaning my house then loaded my car and headed to the laundry mat...where I only left one blanket!...met a friend for lunch and then went home to work on dinner and discover that I was sans one blanket :)...

Friday I awoke at the armpit of AM to drive to my parents store where I met my mom and her sister...my aunt...and drove them to Chelsea for part two of the cancer procedure for mom...part three begins on June 4th...Returned to the store and worked with dad for the rest of the day because he shouldn't be there alone on a holiday weekend. Left there at 5pm and went home to crash on the sofa...because I was SO tired!

Saturday I went to mom and dads for a little while then had to run to town to grab a few groceries for the candle/fundraiser party sis and I were doing...that no one bothered to show up for...then I drove from one side of the county to the other and back again with Ben for an open house for one of his cousins...saw mom-in-law who introduced Ben to everyone but accidental forgot to mention me...it was a fun time.

Sunday got up way to early to run and get groceries for the cook out we were having at mom and dads...had lunch with the fam...came home and worked on the house a little more...laundry, put up a new blind in the living room that doesn't sound like you are pulling the fur off a cat backwards when you open it...and worked on crochet project #3 for a little while.

Monday I went to the Memorial Day parade with my sisters and dad to see David carry the flag for the local Boy Scout Troop...he is so serious it's nearly funny...visited with my Aunt Francis...who is truly to cute for words, she is nearly 90 and blind as a bat but she still runs around the house like she is on a mission...my sisters and I always joke about my grandma and her sisters and how that is going to be us in 20 years...they are a hoot! Then I came back to town...stopped at the laundry mat in hopes that my blanket was still there!!!...ran to get some more plants...because I didn't have enough in my mind...and pick up a few pots from my friend who painted me, in bright colors, terracotta pots to plant my veggies in :) Then I killed myself planting the rest of the day!!

I hope that you all had a good weekend as well. I could have had a little more sunshine and been very happy with it but I'll take what I can get :) You can't be overly picky with the weather when you live in Michigan!

2 comments:

One of the Bunch said...

I'm thrilled that you had a great weekend, even if it was jam packed full of "must do" items. So happy to hear your mom is doing good and that you've been there to help out when needed. Looks like the warm temps are back this week so be sure to water those new flowers!! Have a great week!

Matt said...

Did I know your parents had a store? I guess I'm a little out of touch. Where is it?