Monday, May 21, 2007

Summer in...3...2...1

I can tell that summer is closing in...slowly...Not by the trees or flowers...Not from the 86 degree forecast that looms for the next few days...No no...I can tell because EVERY SINGLE STREET, HIGHWAY, AVENUE, BLVD, PARKING LOT, INTERSECTION IS CLOSED, TORN UP, DOWN TO ONE LANE, OR THERE ARE ORANGE BARRELS PERCHED ON THE EDGE OF THE ROAD!!! JUST WAITING THEIR TURN!!!

Have I ever mentioned to anyone that I really don't like construction?? Just in case there lies any doubt...I don't. Sadly though, it is not the actual construction that I have the issue with...it's mankind as a whole. I will admit that there are times when I am not the most courteous driver and I get impatient when I get stuck behind "driving Ms. Daisy" when I am needing to be somewhere...BUT...I always pay attention and react early to construction notices. BECAUSE...if we all were just a little more outwardly thinking we could reduce the amount of time we spend going THREE MILES AN HOUR because some jerk has to be one car ahead of you! Doesn't matter that he still is going THREE!! He is ahead of you...and that's what really counts. I just get very flustered when I am trying to be nice and merge over to whatever lane I need to be in and people are speeding past me almost hitting me because they know if they can just get one more car ahead of you they will WIN!!!! Because apparently it is some sort of race that I am not aware of.

Thank you for letting me whine for a little bit. I needed that :)

1 comment:

Matt said...

Okay, now I'm going to whine. I just spent the weekend in Michigan, and WHY, OH WHY is it that the roads are ALWAYS under construction up there, but they are never in good shape? I cross the border from Ohio to Michigan and immediately think my car is going to fall to pieces because of the rough roads. AAAUUUGGGHHH!!!