Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Isn't there supposed to be a long relaxing weekend in May?

I had promised myself that I was going to make time for me this summer...and I have to a point, I have some trips planned and some events scheduled to attend...but here we are coming up on a long weekend...and I am so busy I can't believe it!

I took a few extra days off just so I could get some things done around the house...not looking so good for home improvements :)

Tomorrow I need to take all of our bedding to the Laundromat because I have tried to wash blankets in my washer...and I really don't like having to spend three days drying up my basement :)

Then I wanted to get started on some painting projects and deep cleaning that my house is in desperate need of...

Friday I need to take mom to get the port for her chemo treatments...she is doing great by the way...and that will kill much of the day

Saturday I am helping my sister with a fund raiser for the ACS Relay for Life...then Ben and I have an open house to go to...

Sunday we will have a cook out at my parents...mom and dad have a store and they will be there all day on Monday...we always celebrate holidays on Sunday mornings :) anymore

And on Monday my nephew, the boy scout, is in the Memorial Day Parade so guess where Aunt Carrie has to be :)

Now I LOVE spending time with my family but I like my me time too.

So, in that spirit...I hope you all have a wonderful weekend, whether you be camping, traveling out of state of just staying home by the BBQ. Happy and safe holiday to you all!! Enjoy the long weekend!!

No comments: