Friday, July 20, 2007

Can you live on 13 hours of sleep????

So many of you may or may not know that I went to Tennessee for a wedding last week...

I was gone for 5 days...I drove 10 hours...by myself...to spend time with my cousin, her sister and various others of her relatives before the wedding. I was expecting chaos, stress and a wee bit of tension...I got so much more...

Wednesday...I woke up, finished packing and hit the road around 10am...drove, drove, drove...got to Knoxville around 8pm. Had dinner, distracted Leah while her sister and aunt put the finishing touches on her bachelorette garb, a lovely hat that we made her wear Thursday night, and went to bed...after a long debate on who was sleeping where...as always. (5 hours of sleep)

Thursday...we all got up and went to get our nails done, this was fun...who can have a bad time drinking wine at 10am!!! After the nails Leah, her sister and I went to the mall so she could buy her makeup for the wedding...we all got our eyes done at the Mac counter and had a fun time...we then went to see Maralyn...in intimate apparel...who was going to help Sis find a new bra to help her dress....whereupon I was accosted and was "helped" to pick out a bra that "gave me a better waistline"...in the middle of the department...that, of course, has video surveillance. We then drove to Gatlinburg where we got dressed and went to dinner at Linebergers Seafood, which I highly recommend and not just because my cousin is the head chef there...he's also the general manager :), but for real they have great food!! , and then to see a stage show called Sweet Fanny Adams, again, cute...I recommend it once...maybe twice... We then went back to our chalet and went to bed. Now I am a country girl born and raised...but I HATE bugs...and there were bugs all over the floor in this chalet...I did not sleep because I felt them "crawling" on me. (1 hour of sleep)

Friday...we got up and Leah and her sister were hungover so we sat in the chalet all day recovering...got ready for the rehearsal...and ensuing dinner...they went to the church...I tried to nap but ended up taking a long hot shower! There was apparently a sleep ban in effect that I was not aware of!...After dinner I got to sleep on a bunk bed...sort of. (4 hours of sleep)

Saturday...I got up and ran out the door...met some of my aunts and hit a few of the malls...just because I needed to get out of the house for a while lest I lose my mind. Leah has turned into bridzilla, her mom is going crazy, Grandma is following everyone around because she needs to know what's going on at ALL TIMES... the wedding and reception were nice. Went back to the chalet and was moved to YET ANOTHER bed so I "could get a better nights sleep" where I had to share a king size bed with Aunt N...who kicks and snores... (3 hours of sleep)

Sunday....woke up at 7:30...crawled out of bed and into my car...couldn't get home soon enough.

I had fun but I want to go back when I can enjoy it more and leave the cabin. I am still recovering from lack of sleep...I think I am finally getting caught up!!! Next time I stay at a hotel!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.