Friday, July 27, 2007

I am sure I need more sleep...but that will have to wait

OK...first...the new job is going well. I feel like I am getting the hang of what I am starting on...and now I'll have to move to something new! No...but really...I'm waiting for it. I am still very confused on the basics around here but that is because the girl who was "training" me left to a new job the week I started...so she was trying to wrap up her work and train me...and apparently left out some important details... I am discovering this slowly. Hopefully things get better in that respect, I am sure they will.

Now...I have had a whirlwind of a month. I have been to Tennessee, Houghton Lake, and this weekend I am going to Ohio! I am going on an overnight ghost hunt...roll your eyes if you will but I LOVE this stuff!!! And am pretty geeked about it and think it will be a great time. I am going with Courtney...wish me luck...but there are no hotels involved and we have a set deadline on this trip so I may be ok.

Next weekend is Relay For Life...my chosen cause :)...and I am probably going to be at the park most of the time. Mom is walking in the survivor lap! Which makes me happy! She has finished her chemo...8 weeks ahead of schedule...and now has to move onto the steroid/benadryl/other stuff stage which will go for another 8 weeks. She has to learn how to use insulin because her dr said that this stage will play havoc with her diabetes. But she is excited that her treatments are going faster than expected and that she may be done by the holidays!

After next weekend my summer slows down a little...I'm pretty geeked about that...I can't wait to be able to sleep in my own bed on a weekend and sleep in!!! I haven't seen the garden at mom & dad's in a few weeks and am sure it is a mess to reckoned with! It's where bad weeds go to die. I just wish that I could convince my dad that we don't really need to plant the whole thing every year! Won't happen!

I'll have to let you all know how the hunt goes and what I see!! I hope to see something...the big joke with Courtney and I is that they give everyone pizza and pop at midnight....if we live that long!!! We'll probably scare ourselves to death before a ghost does!!! LOL!!!

1 comment:

Matt said...

First of all, the ghost hunt sounds fantastic. I would be all about doing that!

It's great to hear that your mom is finished with chemo. Ash had insulin during her pregnancies, and if it's anything like what she had to do, it's not too bad. I gave her the shots, and that was kind of fun... :)

Good luck with the Relay. I know it's an amazing event...quite and experience...but you've done it before.

Sorry about having to cancel on you... We were looking forward to having you, it just ended up being a crazy week.