Thursday, April 10, 2008

What the....?

Now, I realize that I live in, what my manager calls, Boonie-Boonie Land...but I have seen several things the past few days that have made me shake my head in awe of my little town and ask WHAT...????

The other night I was on my way home...driving the 1/8 mile that is Main Street...and all of the sudden a herd of Cockier Spaniels came running across the road!!! Breaks were applied and cuss words were said...then suddenly I actually looked closer and realized that there were at least 10 dogs in this "herd"!!! And they all came from the same house!!! Now...I have three cats, one who we have just acquired thanks to my sister, and I have had the little one in her own room with her own litter box because Rocky and GW don't like her much and I worry they may eat her! :) I have been counting the days to the time when I can go back to keeping one litter box way down in the basement because I can't stand the smell...even clean litter makes me gag... My point...I can't imagine the smell that would be lingering from keeping 10 dogs in a house all winter!!! And I know that there are people who wash their pets regularly...these were not those pets!!!

Then on my way home again...I had stopped at a rail road crossing to obey the law...whatever...and suddenly my car was attacked by four VERY LARGE turkeys!!! They flew from one side of the ditch to the other!! One nearly landed on my car!!! All I could think the rest of the way home was...how would you go about trying to explain that to your insurance co.??? Yes...I was hit by a turkey...no...I did not hit a turkey...I was hit by a turkey...am I covered for that???

And last but not least...there are a few ways to get home for me and last night I took the other way...as I crossed an intersection and headed towards the tractor shop...D & G Equipment now, we're moving up!!....I noticed a father and his children walking on the side of the road walking what looked like a dog...I drove past...had to avoid hitting my breaks and being obviously befuddled...but did do a double take...they were walking a GOAT!!! Swear on the Bible... A GOAT!!!!! Again...I grew up on a farm and we had goats...they aren't bad with BBQ sauce, taste like chicken...but not in my wildest dreams would I have EVER taken Violet for a little stroll around the neighborhood!!

I love where we live...it's close to my mom and dad...not to far from the highway and access to the rest of the world...but there are days I really worry about my neighbors!!!

No comments: