Wednesday, January 2, 2008

So here's to another New Year

I have been such a slacker about writing on this that I felt I should today to start the new year off on a good foot...so to speak.

I had a very low key Thanksgiving...baked cookies for three days straight with the aid of my EXTREMELY hungover cousin (Carrie...can I do something besides the marshmallows...I can't watch them swirl in the pan...it's making me sick) had a fun night out with the girls for our Christmas party...played a fun new game but decided it would be much more interesting if one were smashed while playing...hosted Christmas breakfast for my family...got a lovely Kitchen Aid mixer from my husband...spent New Years Eve at home watching Ben sleep on the couch and knitting a scarf that I am ready to be done with.

I have been thinking about what I can resolve for this year...nothing is coming to mind. I could do the usual...lose weight...make more time for me...actually use my gym membership...keep up with my friends better...blah, blah, blah...I have thrown it all out the window. I do OK for like a week then I have a million things come up I can't keep up with any of it and all of my good intentions go up like smoke.

So to this I resolve...
To wake up each morning and hope for good things
To take the stairs at work
To get Internet access at home :)

That's the best I can do. I wish you all a very happy new year and I hope to talk to you all more this year and keep in touch on a weekly basis...but I'm not making any promises :)

No comments: